My friend Debra recently wrote a blog post about jars in her blog. (If you're not a regular reader, I encourage you to read it as it is always thought-provoking). Please read it here . In the post she spoke of several "jars" and what they might contain... It got me thinking about my own "jars" and what I had put into them over the years, but also what they were FOR. Not Just for Show In the Tuesday Women's Bible study, we're studying the fruit of the Spirit. One of the things we've talked about is that the "fruit" that we grow isn't so we can strut around showing off our beautiful fruit... mostly because it isn't ours anyway; it's fruit of the Spirit. Rather this fruit that we grow is meant to be consumed. People around us are starving for love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, meekness, and self-control. Back to the Jars Which got me thinking about Deb's post and the jars. It's not enough...
I've been tatting awhile now, and I still have SOOOOOO much to learn! I still suffer from the downfall of the newbie - wanting to learn it all at once and trying to run before I walk. Someday, I shall be free from this downfall, but alas, then I fear I shall be dead. I've been working on my YouTube channel (Opposable Thumbs & Scissors), but have found a new downfall - too many ideas & not enough energy, talent, nor knowhow. Most days I still feel like I'm slogging through thick mud - I'm heaving my body around and my head is full of fog. I'm praying that it ends soon and try to push myself to do something. I think I've allowed this to bring me down, and have struggled to tat even the very basic of patterns. I'm pressing onward, though! Trying to remind myself that I can do all things through Christ! And that I have the mind of Christ, and His mind isn't full of fog. I want to be an encourager and leave people feeling better....
Wow! I can't believe it's been a year since I started this blog, nor that it's been a year since I've written one single thing other than on the day I created it. I guess I shouldn't be surprised, as I always set out to write something, and then fall short. Sometimes I wish that writing wasn't so incredibly personal to me and that I could just whip out works as others seem to do. Then I realize that that is not who I am, nor who I was created to be, so I'm happy for the 'whippers' and continue to be me and bare my soul in print. I am still wild about tatting, but a lot of things have happened to me personally over this last year that have given me pause. Not about the art itself, but my part in it. My relationships with others. My passions. Some not nice things have happened to me, and while I will not divulge any details on any public platform, those things have served to open my eyes to things I wasn't even noticing before. N...
Comments
Post a Comment