So Much to Learn...

 I've been tatting awhile now, and I still have SOOOOOO much to learn!  I still suffer from the downfall of the newbie - wanting to learn it all at once and trying to run before I walk.  Someday, I shall be free from this downfall, but alas, then I fear I shall be dead.

I've been working on my YouTube channel (Opposable Thumbs & Scissors), but have found a new downfall - too many ideas & not enough energy, talent, nor knowhow.  Most days I still feel like I'm slogging through thick mud - I'm heaving my body around and my head is full of fog.  I'm praying that it ends soon and try to push myself to do something.  I think I've allowed this to bring me down, and have struggled to tat even the very basic of patterns.

I'm pressing onward, though!  Trying to remind myself that I can do all things through Christ!  And that I have the mind of Christ, and His mind isn't full of fog.  I want to be an encourager and leave people feeling better.  Hopefully I do that at least a little now, and can grow in that skill.

I hope other designers, bloggers, and vloggers will allow me to link to them on the channel - there is so much wonderful talent out there in the tatting community.  I allowed that to intimidate me into almost quitting there for a minute.  I would think, "what can I possibly add?  All these other people are so much more talented and knowledgeable than me!  Why am I even trying to do this?"  Then I remembered that I was just trying to help others and have a little fun whilst doing so.  I'm so glad I remembered that - I'm part of a wonderful tatting community where each person offers something uniquely theirs, and there's room for all of us.

Hopefully, I'll be better about writing blog posts.  (and hopefully they will have better substance).  Maybe just getting in the habit of writing SOMETHING will help, and then I can edit into meaningful or inspiring information... or maybe no one will ever read these and it will simply be a cathartic exercise for me.  And ya know what?  Either way is awesome!


Comments

  1. My dear friend. Your honesty is always refreshing. The struggle is real, yet we are called to press on. Blogging...sharing is a tricky business. I have learned that those who are meant to read the blog posting will come. It's not about us but ever pointing to God and His love.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Trying something new...

A Time For Everything